Re: Mobile scanner antenna

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The original Intercept Northwest BBS ]

Posted by Elwood on June 04, 2001 at 19:10:42:

In Reply to: Re: Mobile scanner antenna posted by Chris on June 04, 2001 at 01:34:36:

: : How well do those on-glass cellular look-alike scanner antennas work? Are they better than using the rubber duck inside the car?

: I have had VERY Poor luck with them. Especialy on weak signals, and any thing in the 800 mhz forget about it. Just my 2 cents. You Might check out the picture on my page of my mobile scanner antenna on my car. I got it from a company in Des Moines that installs the systems for the King County Police and Etc. I can't recall the name though. It is a Motorola antenna I know that much. Just right click text below select copy, right click the address bar above and choose paste, then left click go or press enter.

: http://www.geocities/prplehz2001

Thanks Chris. Nice job on the 2066 installation. Is that the same size as a standard(DIN) car stereo? By the way, I have a Mazda pickup, so the trunklid mount won't work for me. It's been lowered, so a bunch of antennas won't look real good on it. So if anyone has any ideas for a decent scanner antenna that won't stand out, I would sure like to hear them.
I mainly listen to the Lynwood/Edmonds/MLT, and Everett police/fire freqs.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The original Intercept Northwest BBS ]