King County 800Hhz......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The original Intercept Northwest BBS ]

Posted by Chris on April 26, 2001 at 13:11:21:

Here is a question for the King County Radio Shop Guys. Scnenario one: I'm at work with my MTS2000 or MCS2000 and I travel into an area that I know is covered by the Seattle sub-system, and I'm a KC/VC affiliated user. At what point will my radio affiliate with the Seattle Sub-System? Do I have to manually scan for a different site? Or does it happen automatically?

Scenario two: I'm responding with another agency, that is part of another sub-system (could be EPSCA or Seattle). I switch my radio to the assigned talk-group--a talkgroup that is affiliated with either of the previously mentioned sub-systems. Doing that, have I just made all the scanner folks dreams come true? Meaning, If I'm on a KC/VC radio and resond on Eastside Fire "Tac-3" or Seattle Fire Channel-1, that those two talkgroups will be heard on ALL the sub-systems???

One last item. You (meaning the smart guys who run the 800MHz system) have said that primary dispatching talkgroup(s) for the fire departments are heard on all three sub-systems. For example: If I have tuned to the KC/VC sub-system I SHOULD hear ValleyComm. Fire-1, SFD Channel-4, and Eastside Dispatch 1 and 2. I know that you couldn't have all the fire talkgroups on all the sub-systems, because that is not efficient use of the system(s). So what is the final word on that.

As it stands now, I can hear VC Fire-1, SFD Channel-4, and Eastside 1&2 on the Seattle Sub-System. I can only hear VC Fire-1, and Eastside Dispatch 1&2 on the KC/VC sub-system. And on the EPSCA system I can hear all three.

Just curious...........

Thanks in advance for any response.....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The original Intercept Northwest BBS ]