Re: shortwave dealers in the area.

Posted by gregz on January 13, 2001 at 20:03:20:

In Reply to: Re: shortwave dealers in the area. posted by Rich on January 13, 2001 at 19:21:01:

donno much about SW, but theres an preaty big shop in shoreline, ABC communication that deals with it.. the dude(s) seem preaty nice.

what happend to that one store that was on Elliot near mercer (on your way to ballard)?? it had a marque that was in the shape of a yagi.

: : I've got a buddy going into Peace Corps- and he needs a SW radio- SSB BFO, 35-40 meter if I remember right..
: : i know little about radios, while carrying a passive interest for far too long.. and he's lucky to use a mouse..;)
: : so, in short- looking for a dealer in the bellevue/seattle area, and if you've got any recommendations radio wise, they'd be apprecaited as well..:)

: : thanks

: A Drake R8 is the way to go... Of course thats if your budget is unlimited.

: Within reality, the Grundig portables are pretty good. Also the Sony ICF-2010, while a somewhat dated model, is certainly tried and true. Either way remember you get what you pay for, so expect high $200's to mid $300's for something that kicks butt, or figure low $200's for something that will at least work decently.

: - Rich

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ INTERCEPT WWW BBS ]