Re: content of scanner activity not to be discussed

Posted by Donna on December 05, 2000 at 06:31:43:

In Reply to: Re: content of scanner activity not to be discussed posted by Donna on December 05, 2000 at 06:26:24:

: : :
: : : carefull guys this is illegal and could get the sight shut down...thanks.......

: :
: : JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, SCANNER LISTENING IS NOT ILLEGAL IN WASHINGTON.
: : THE USE OF THE INFORMATION WAS INTENDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT NOT ANY DETRIMENTAL HARM OR MISAPPROPRIATIONS OF CONTENT. IN OTHER WORDS SPD AND SFD ARE PUBLIC SERVICES, THE INFORMATION IS PUBLIC PROPERTY AS WELL. BY US SHARING THE INFORMATION, WE ARE NOT HARMING ANYTHING. UNLESS OF COURSE YOU MIGHT HAVE SOME IDIVIDUAL PARTICIPATION IN THE ILLEGAL EVENTS. TRUST ME, I AM IN SECOND YEAR LAW, THIS TYPE OF CASE HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP IN DRUG BUSTS. THE COURT HAS NO POWER EVEN IF THEY ARE USING SCANNERS TO ALERT THEM OF POLICE. BASICALLY YOU CAN'T PROVE WHAT THEY WERE ACTUALLY LISTENING FOR. EVENTHOUGH WE ALL KNOW WHAT IT'S FOR, IN THAT SITUATION.

: : SO RELAX AND LISTEN,

My daughter was working with me at the office. I was listening to the scanner and barely paying attention to it. I heard the dispatcher mention my daughter's home address. So my daughter called 911 and said her mom heard her address on the scanner. (A bad guy was trying to load one of her cars on a flatbed). The cops were sent to her house. Nothing was said to my daughter by the 911 operator or the dispatcher that she shouldn't be listening to the scanner.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ INTERCEPT WWW BBS ]