Re: What is Trunking???

Posted by Robby on November 25, 2000 at 00:55:56:

In Reply to: Re: What is Trunking??? posted by gregz on November 24, 2000 at 19:51:41:

: : I understand that part. However what is better... trunking or normal type of scanner??
: : I am looking in markets right now for a trunker but if I can do everything with what I have, why buy new...

: what is better?? well better would be a trunk tracker, becuase it can ALWAYS revert back to a conventenal. and with current prices trunking is around the $200 mark as much conventional scanners.

:
: I work in a metal building and 800 punches thru well and i'm really close to columbia tower at work. I choose to listen to simcast information becuase i CAN hear them on trunked radio simcast, while i cannot hear them on their original frequencies. (plus there's a TON of intermod clutter (on the VHF, lo UHF) next to the TV towers i work at.

: With a Trunk Tracker you can 'scan' inside the trunk for specific agencies. Like i like to listen to King Co Police, Seattle Center, and UW Police.. but i don't care for any of the other stuff on the trunk like Seattle Police, Fire, EMT, street sweapers.. blah blah.

: My trunk scanner goes into trunk tracker ID scan and keeps quiet till one of my agencies of interest come on, then it opens up and i can hear them. If my agencies are not on, my radio is quiet as a little clam with little blinking indicators, telling me there's 8 other conversastions on the trunk right now, but i consider them all of no interest.

: did i answer a question?? a great place to compare scanners to eachother is www.strongsignals.net.

You just sold me on a trunker :) I know that in seattle for example there are allot of buildings there that do block out some of the freq's there.

However, I will be looking for a reasonable priced unit. Thanks for all your help.. God bless you for that :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ INTERCEPT WWW BBS ]