Re: VHF on Snoq and Stevens Pass

Posted by Brad on February 02, 2000 at 20:48:08:

In Reply to: VHF on Snoq and Stevens Pass posted by Dennis on February 01, 2000 at 05:48:56:

Guess I'm a little ignorant on this subject...I assume these snow removal crews are DOT units. Are the using VHF exclusively for this operation, or is 151.025 patched to their 800 system?

I'll have to plug them in and listen.

Thanks, Brad.

: A reminder about snow-plow crews et al at Stevens and Snoqualmie passes...151.025 is working nicely. Overnight, an avalanche dumped 15-18 feet on Stevens Pass and Snoqualmie was also closed. Crews at both passes could be heard on the repeater on this freq, and then each set of crews would advise dispatch around 530AM that certain lanes could now be opened to traffic. And also you could hear supervisors advising someone to update the mountain radio sites (on the AM broadcast band) with necessary info updates. Also discussed is the avalanche explosion plan. And, this just in (at 547AM), "At the rate the snow is falling, please advise (name used) that we will probably have to have a complete shutdown of the pass in about two hours."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ INTERCEPT WWW BBS ]