InterceptRadio.com Forums

The radio website where people have a clue.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forums       Map Search       Database Search       Live Audio       Alerts       Wiki

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roll call
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:28 pm 

Jeff, have you been listening in on the P&W WES line? A friend of mine heard a simulcast of 160.425 on 152.265. I should be down there Sunday to check it out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:08 pm 

icom1020 wrote:
Jeff, have you been listening in on the P&W WES line? A friend of mine heard a simulcast of 160.425 on 152.265. I should be down there Sunday to check it out.

No, this is the first I've heard of it. 160.425 is the Albany Dispatcher for the P&W OE lines; I'll listen around too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:18 pm 

....WAIT! My name isn't Jeff! ITS RYAN!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:16 pm 

Oh well I saw the JFF and made a quick decision. We heard it again. The .265 is definitely there along with the 2 detectors at 36.5 and 41 which transmit simplex without DPL on the road channel output. The WES was testing today and probably some more later on. They appear to have a wireless link antenna which may control the destination sign or its for the wi-fi hotspot. The horn sounded lame

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:30 am 

icom1020 wrote:
Oh well I saw the JFF and made a quick decision. We heard it again. The .265 is definitely there along with the 2 detectors at 36.5 and 41 which transmit simplex without DPL on the road channel output. The WES was testing today and probably some more later on. They appear to have a wireless link antenna which may control the destination sign or its for the wi-fi hotspot. The horn sounded lame

Yeah, I've heard the detectors before on AAR 44 before they added the Albany Dispatcher channel.

They have been testing for over 5 months now and the inaugural run is on February 2nd.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:42 pm 

Heh, that is weird. Heard the simulcast operation just as you said; 160.425 on 152.265. FCC ULS says its not registered to anyone in Washington County nor Clackamas county at all.

I'm wondering if 152.265 is some sort of link frequency.

Good find!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:26 am 
Scanner Gigolo

Hi, I'm Mark and I'm a scannerholick. ("Hello Mark"). I started using in 1957. My uncle was in the first student group to study in USSR. He brought back a Russian shortwave portable. When they would babysit me and put me to bed I would power up the radio for hours. Now that I think about it the commies may be responsible for my addiction.
My first radio was a taxicab radio converted to 33.9. Went through a bunch of crystal scanners. I had a flat plastic case with foam and many, many crystals. That case got me a huge number of dates. First real scanner was a 4 (or 8) channel Digicom I think. Moved onto the 16 and got them both at Radar, again I think. I have great memories of Pearl Electronics on 1st Ave. Got my first real shortwave there - a National. Stayed up all night of the Alaska earthquake listening to the shortwave. I used to follow AF1 around on sunday nights, on IRC (mid 80's) with 5 or 10 other guys from all over the world.
The Seattle scanner group started when Mike McKenna introduced me to Dennis Eckert. Dennis and I parked outside the Boeing hanger that Jimmy Carter was in the night before his second election. Dennis had a huge shortwave on his lap and five or six other scanners. We heard Jody Powell call him on HF, then Echo-Foxtrot to tell him that he was going to lose the election.
Had a bunch of great times. We had a radio meeting during WTO that lasted 3 and 1/2 days - yes a sleep over. Traveled to WA DC eights years ago to run communications for the five legal protest groups for the inauguration with another local nameless scannerhead. Great hobby and it didn't contribute to any of my three marriages ending, in fact last wife did WA DC ten years ago with her own scanner and earphone - we got yelled at by SS - twice. She is available!
Been a great hobby, just sorry I can't put it down. Oh ya, I know less than nothing about the inside of radios.

Special thanks to Rich and Wil that have kept me in frequencies.

Uniden 396
Uniden 780
Uniden 200xlt
Icom R2
Sony 2010
Yupiteru 7100
Pro 2006
Pro 2004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:24 am 
Mr. Bad Example

::Bump::

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:40 am 
Scanner Gigolo

Ya

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:12 am 

<-------- Troll, Malcontent, County Slacker, Former SAR Weenie, Former Resident FF/EMT, Addicted to Geocaching. Over.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:55 am 
Scanner Gigolo

Geocaching I got an interesting app for my Iphone. Looks like they are all over.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:32 am 

A few of us will be making a cache run on your side of the water this weekend. Call me sometime. I'll walk you through it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:34 am 
Mr. Bad Example

Sean wrote:
A few of us will be making a cache run on your side of the water this weekend. Call me sometime. I'll walk you through it.

I'm actually taking a class tomorrow for that stupid Legend HcX thing I have- shoulda asked you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:51 pm 

Hi I am mike a friend of bill W whoops I mean mark S . I have a hazy memory of the WTO sleep over . Bad combination of Dicks burgers and tear gas . Still my most fun and intense monitoring session . Started listening in the middle seventies with a good old radio shack patrolman tuneable radio and it has been downhill ever since . Thanks for all the good info and times over the years guy's .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:58 pm 

Well, its a good reason to bump.

I'm now a member of Mountain Wave Search & Rescue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next