InterceptRadio.com Forums

The radio website that doesn’t try to hose its users for money.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forums       Map Search       Database Search       Live Audio       Alerts       Wiki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:36 am 

I've heard of it some, I get Yakima's area repeater on 154.920 along I-5 in a few places and the 151.040 DOT link out of somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:56 pm 

Sorry guys, I was a little late getting into this conversation. You have figured it out already.

154.9200 is a Pageout frequency for all the volunteer fire departments in the Capital Region (Greater Victoria). From Sooke to the Gulf Islands and everything in between. They don't use a tone on the frequency.

Like it was mentioned earlier none of the police frequencies in Canada are published in the database and because CREST (Capital Regional Emergency Services Telecommunications) is in charge of getting the frequencies for Police, Fire and Ambulance in the region licenced, none of the frequencies show up in the database.

The frequency 154.9200 is transmitted from several different mountain-top sites around the region, so it is no surprise you can hear it from so far away.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:17 pm 
Bringer of Light

Not only is Yakima WSP 154.920 pretty strong at times, but Yakima County Sheriff (155.535) is pretty strong as well. I can barely hear it very very choppy in Leavenworth when the wind blows right. Whats also interesting is around the Ellensburg and creeping up into the Moses Lake area it comes in clear as a bell.

When I went to the state academy a few years ago, the instructors were using /\/\ CP series radios on RedNet because we were able to talk to them with our HT1250's, so no special programming there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:26 am 

icom1020 wrote:
and the 151.040 DOT link out of somewhere.

I would believe that is the Snoqualmie Pass freq since that is the only place they use it that I know of....unless Oregon is using it!?

MTM wrote:
Canada has for a long time -- used any open radio frequency for any type of use.

I've experienced that. Several years ago when I was with one of the fire districts in Spokane, we started having almost CB like conversations on Cheney Fire's Tac channel (154.325). I heard them really loud one day and tracked them to the local truck stop. It was two trucks from a company called Benson Tank Lines out of B.C. talking on their company business channel. Kind of makes you wonder why they are going thru all this treaty/agreement stuff with the 800 mhz re-band!

jrw14493 wrote:
Not only is Yakima WSP 154.920 pretty strong at times, but Yakima County Sheriff (155.535) is pretty strong as well. I can barely hear it very very choppy in Leavenworth when the wind blows right. Whats also interesting is around the Ellensburg and creeping up into the Moses Lake area it comes in clear as a bell.

I can usually pick up Yakima WSP at/to around Ritzville. I think they moved the transmitter, but I can pick up Kennewick WSP in Spokane quite often too. It is better in the summer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:15 pm 
Angus Cheeseburger

151.040 is used by all of the Washington State Ferries for loading hand helds.

Jim N7UAP - Bellingham, WA / InterceptRadio.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:35 pm 

Jim wrote:
151.040 is used by all of the Washington State Ferries for loading hand helds.

This one had the tell-tale LTR multi-net chirp at the end of the transmission. They may be using it on White Pass. I know the usage of the other 2 or three freqs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:21 pm 

I have all of those VHF freqs in my scanner and when I go to the other side of the mountains, the only thing I ever hear on them is Snoqualmie on .040 and Yakima on .070. I can usually hear to about Kittitas (MP115) or Ryegrass Summit.