InterceptRadio.com Forums

The radio website that puts patriotism ahead of profits.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forums       Map Search       Database Search       Live Audio       Alerts       Wiki

Post subject: Verizon Wireless
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:52 am 
Angus Cheeseburger

The customer service at Verizion Wireless is non existent!

I have tried to get corrections made on my account online, over the phone and at their local office and they haven't got a damn clue.

We are dropping all three of our accounts with them.

I hope anyone considering Verizion Wireless reads this before they get sucked in to their web.
:chaingun:

Jim N7UAP - Bellingham, WA / InterceptRadio.com

Post subject: Re: Verizon Wireless
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:22 pm 

I don't need a data plan, so I went with Consumer Cellular. So far so good. AT&T towers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:06 pm 
Angus Cheeseburger

Thanks for that info.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:38 am 

icom1020 wrote:
I don't need a data plan, so I went with Consumer Cellular. So far so good. AT&T towers

Must of been that ad from AARP :P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:27 pm 

Jim, I feel your pain. I've been with AT&T since 2000... as I got tired of Sprint's BS. At the time, they had horrible customer service. For nearly a full year, they were charging me for services that I never ordered. I told a friend about this and he also found "irregularities" with his bill. Of course, at the time, you had to send a formal letter to Sprint showing "proof" of your innocence.

Also, Sprint's signal was terrible here at home but it still worked -- just barely. When I tried AT&T, I couldn't believe how well the GSM service worked here at home. Since they still used the 850mhz GSM band, it had the best service. The call quality was superior as well.

Back in 2008, when Verizon was advertising on TV how great they were, I got one of their messaging phones. I called the general sales number to ask about certain phones, features and technical specifications. I specifically asked them how the service was in SE Bellevue, etc. They assured me it was all good but I should try it to be safe. They said I had 14 days to "test" it and if I don't like it, they'll issue a refund, etc.

As somewhat expected, the phone was crap -- but the signal was worse. I never had more than 1-2 bars. The phone ONLY worked if I was near a window. And at that, I was lucky to get 2 bars and that lovely CDMA voice compression.

I sent everything back expecting a refund, etc. It took them 30 days to just "acknowledge receipt" of the phone at their warehouse. I didn't get the final refund until about the 40-day mark. I called them at least 3-4x during that time-frame asking what was taking so long. The customer service agent said "Well, we have no way of tracking your returned device so we just have to wait until our warehouse updates the system." (Even though tracking information clearly showed it was accepted.)

The actual money wasn't that big of a deal -- it was just the way the agents talked to you. They were so condescending -- like this delay was all my fault.

One funny point is that some Verizon rep called me a good two months after this fiasco to ask why I terminated service. I was so glad they called. I asked the rep how much time we have? They said as long I as want. I went down the list of issues. The rep was probably also happy since it showed he was doing his job. My biggest complaint was the signal service -- or lack thereof. I never heard from Verizon again. :)

PS. Ironically, for work, I get to test the latest cell phones from Verizon/Sprint/AT&T and the Verizon signal is still not very good. It's slightly improved but GSM is the only reliable signal service.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:23 am 
Angus Cheeseburger

What really started things off was when they changed to their new family shared plan. I had the grandfathered unlimited lifetime data plan. I found out that if I wanted to keep the grandfathered unlimited data plan that I would have to pay full retail price for a new phone after my 2 year upgrade time came. That meant that I would have to pay about $600 for a new phone. Since I had only used my phone for 12 minutes the last month and had to pay about $90 for that I decided to put the phone on suspension for 3 months and have them hold my number for a $15 charge. My 2 year contract was up.
I paid the $15 and checked my account online when I got home from the Verizon store. They had charged me twice for the $15 suspension and $98 for another month service plus $40 for something else plus $10 tax. I tried to get it corrected online without any satisfaction so I called Verizon customer service and they said they couldn't help me and wanted to charge me for another 4 days service on top of that. I went to the Verizion store and waited for about an hour for them to try to figure out the mess. I was assured at the store that everything had been corrected. I checked my account online when I got home and it showed I still owed about $100! SCREW THEM!
I will never use their service again. Think I will go with one of the no contract companies.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:31 pm 
Corporal Cowboy

I've had a Tracfone for about 5-7 years now.
Don't use it much as I don't have cell service at my residence.
$40 lasts me about 5-6 months.
The first one fell off my bike on a forest road in Utah, this one is starting to show a weaker battery from age.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:41 pm 

Plus it has the added advantage of having the Anti-Digit Dialing League endorsement on the dialer.