InterceptRadio.com Forums

The radio website that doesn’t believe its ok to burn the American flag.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forums       Map Search       Database Search       Live Audio       Alerts       Wiki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:40 pm 

Hej! (Swedish for Hello)

I thought I would be the first to post some interesting findings from the Scandinavian country of Sweden. I should also send a thanks to the admins for creating this forum as perhaps others out there have interests and experiences outside of the US and Canada.

Back in 2006 I just purchased a Icom-R20 and took it with me wanting to explore the spectrum on a few days I knew I would have to be house sitting over there with no TV and with a dial-up internet (not the norm there!).

I thought I would start out with a posting of what their old, now defunct, tone controlled/dispatched 'System 70' police radio system sounded like. The police are now on a TETRA system known as RAKEL. There is a good site http://polis.komradio.com/ that you can use Google Translate to read up a little on the older radio systems.

The following recordings were recorded in a town called Södertälje, about 18 miles (23 rail miles) southwest of Stockholm between 2006 and 2009.

The 'Polis' recording was made on a simplex frequency of 79.3375 MHz, lucky for me I was above the city on a hillside overlooking the police station and tower. Mid-band FM really wants a good antenna or a reasonable line of site for good reception.

Translated transcript:

Dispatcher: Area 8, a car on its way to Riksvag (highway) 57, a patrol from Södermanland is following a vehicle and has passed Stjärnhov. Is there any car that can setup by Highway 57? Kom.(over)

Polis unit: 8920 from Södertälje now.

Dispatcher: 3920 *Sigh* [he got the ID of the unit responding wrong and corrects] 8920, now patrol 3920 from Södermanland that is following [the car] is on National Channel 62, National Channel 62. I have no registration number now but you can try to get contact with Södermanland patrol, Kom?

Polis unit: *too garbled*

Dispatcher: Klart slut (done end, analogous to over and out).

Attachments:
2006-12-29 Södertälje Polis Chase 79.3375MHz.mp3 [208.98 KiB]
Downloaded 168 times