InterceptRadio.com Forums

The radio website that doesn’t try to hose its users for money.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forums       Map Search       Database Search       Live Audio       Alerts       Wiki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:42 pm 

There is a new DMR/MOTOTRBO repeater in Lynnwood on Gunnysack hill. 444.15000 +5 CC1 on the DCI network.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:02 am 

If you in the Spokane area, one just went up as well... 444.12500 +5 CC1 on the DCI network

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:22 am 

luminoxs wrote:
There is a new DMR/MOTOTRBO repeater in Lynnwood on Gunnysack hill. 444.15000 +5 CC1 on the DCI network.

Cool, I'll try it out as soon as my radio shows up. Hopefully this week! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:03 pm 

nickcarr wrote:
luminoxs wrote:

Cool, I'll try it out as soon as my radio shows up. Hopefully this week! :)

The Cougar Mtn DMR repeater works very well around Bellevue. For that matter, around King County too.

If you go north, the Lynnwood one seems to work well, too - though lower level, it fills a north end gap.

Brad/N7ER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:48 pm 

The below information was provided by Mike, NO7RF. Per the PNW Trbo site, it will be on 442.950, CC1:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good News Again!

We will soon have another repeater joining the PNW network and it may possibly come online before the Portland repeater, likely within a couple of weeks.

It will be Northwest of Vancouver WA located atop Larch Mtn at 3,500 feet. Larch will support an MTR-3000, capable of 100 watts output. This will be a wide area machine with expected coverage down near Salem OR and up to around Longview WA. Chaulk up another hundred miles for the I-5 talkgroup! ;-)

This will be a great addition to the PNW network. The standard PNW TG's will be supported but check the TG Matrix for actual talkgroup details. The repeater list has been updated on the PNW website.

Portland is still on track. There are some issues with Internet access and that is why the Portland repeater has yet to join the network.

-- Mike, NO7RF, Mazama Washington, no7rf@trbo.org, http://www.trbo.org/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:24 pm 

Sounds like Larch Mt may be up later next week. Portland repeater should be following shortly. Also talk of more DMR repeaters further south of Portland, I am looking forward to actually using my XPR6550 for what I purchased it for at least three years ago.

Brad wrote:
The below information was provided by Mike, NO7RF. Per the PNW Trbo site, it will be on 442.950, CC1:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good News Again!

We will soon have another repeater joining the PNW network and it may possibly come online before the Portland repeater, likely within a couple of weeks.

It will be Northwest of Vancouver WA located atop Larch Mtn at 3,500 feet. Larch will support an MTR-3000, capable of 100 watts output. This will be a wide area machine with expected coverage down near Salem OR and up to around Longview WA. Chaulk up another hundred miles for the I-5 talkgroup! ;-)

This will be a great addition to the PNW network. The standard PNW TG's will be supported but check the TG Matrix for actual talkgroup details. The repeater list has been updated on the PNW website.

Portland is still on track. There are some issues with Internet access and that is why the Portland repeater has yet to join the network.

-- Mike, NO7RF, Mazama Washington, no7rf@trbo.org, http://www.trbo.org/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:32 pm 

ive been getting a load of interference from the DMR repeater up in BC on 443.400.

Anyone else confirm?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:08 pm 

n7ryy wrote:
I am looking forward to actually using my XPR6550 for what I purchased it for at least three years ago.

n7ryy, I got my xpr5550 in my radio console and it's working great. When you're up on DMARC give me a shout.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:03 am 

Nick which talkgroups do you usually monitor? I still need to get my radio programmed up this weekend.
I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around always on versus PTT talkgroups. Seems like there is enough linked talkgroups around we can have an unofficial Intercept one?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:42 am 

chpalmer wrote:
ive been getting a load of interference from the DMR repeater up in BC on 443.400.

Anyone else confirm?

I just activated the BC 1 talkgroup locally, while monitoring 443.400 on a different radio (on base antenna). Not hearing it here on S. Whidbey Island.

EDIT: If I open the squelch, I'm hearing some digital noise. Not strong, but it's there.

Brad/N7ER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:52 am 

n7ryy wrote:
Nick which talkgroups do you usually monitor? I still need to get my radio programmed up this weekend.
I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around always on versus PTT talkgroups. Seems like there is enough linked talkgroups around we can have an unofficial Intercept one?

Well the beauty of the XPR5550 is that I can monitor all (16) of my digital contacts at the same time. I think this is due to the "site connect" feature. Tim and I are usually on Local 2 but WASH 1 is always good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:54 am 

Brad wrote:
I just activated the BC 1 talkgroup locally, while monitoring 443.400 on a different radio (on base antenna). Not hearing it here on S. Whidbey Island.

Brad, I think Cougar has BC1 full time. I think Baldi is PTT based. Check the matrix on the pnw.trbo site.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:05 pm 

nickcarr wrote:
Brad wrote:

Brad, I think Cougar has BC1 full time. I think Baldi is PTT based. Check the matrix on the pnw.trbo site.

I wasn't using either of those. The Matrix shows both Baldi and Cougar are full-time for BC 1.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:38 am 

Portland (stonehenge tower) wide coverage repeater is up and online. New home TG for PNW-DMR is PNW 1 (3187) TS1 which is a full time TG on all pnw repeaters. Larch mtn is waiting for the equipment to be transported to it's final location and hooked up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:40 am 

Brad wrote:
nickcarr wrote:
Brad wrote:

I wasn't using either of those. The Matrix shows both Baldi and Cougar are full-time for BC 1.

On the current page BC 1 is showing as PTT on all pnw managers.

http://www.trbo.org/pnw/index.html