InterceptRadio.com Forums

The radio website that doesn’t try to hose its users for money.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forums       Map Search       Database Search       Live Audio       Alerts       Wiki

Post subject: Re: VHF P25 Repeaters
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:00 pm 

So that folks can compare P25 FDMA operation with narrowband analog performance, I have decided to enable analog on this repeater. CTCSS is 110.9 Hz and remember this is narrowband! Also, the use of analog should be limited to comparison between analog and digital or for coverage testing where the analog repeater hang time is informative. Analog is NOT intended to provide yet another analog, wideband 2 meter repeater. If analog QSOs become the norm, I will disable analog operation.

The repeater is still on a REALLY low antenna so coverage is still modest. If I can round up a few climbers and we get some ok weather, the antenna will be moved up to about 50' AGL. I will also be connecting a 440 repeater back to back with this repeater later in summer.

Lastly, IP linking is on the horizon, probably with a P25 repeater network in Hawaii. An old friend who is more computer savvy than I will hopefully allow me to press him into service.
If anyone has questions about the repeater, give me a ring at 206-407-7331.
K7SLB