InterceptRadio.com Forums

The radio website that doesn’t believe its ok to burn the American flag.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forums       Map Search       Database Search       Live Audio       Alerts       Wiki

Post subject: Re: K7PP Gold Mt.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:38 pm 

nickcarr wrote:
I'll be around Chris. Let me know what time-frame and I'll be sure to monitor.

We will be simplex 146.52 going up. If it gets too busy we go to my commercial lowband freqs. But breakfast at 8:45 in Aberdeen. Then about an hour to the site from there.

The new receiver will go online immediately. The heliax part of the job might take a tad longer. But we will look for ya. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:42 pm 

There will be another trip to Gold Mt to do the same. Receiver is weak and I believe the heliax got wet when the connector came apart over last winter. When we go Im going to haul a reel up and replace it if needed and be done with maintenance for a while.

Ill let you all know before that trip happens. Its a bit closer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:16 pm 

Cool beans. I can transmit lowband VHF on a very large antenna and my repeater VHF UHF dual bander on the roof. Should have no trouble reaching you guys...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:09 am 

Chris forgot to ask which repeater you guys are on..? I have the 441.3 rptr plugged in... and I'm on 652 simplex...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:05 pm 

We were on 6.52 for the whole trip up and down to the asphalt.

Pored some green water out of the center conductor of the heliax that had been sitting there in the bend to the building for over 14 years. Thats from when we had the leak from the antenna.. Didn't realize how much at the time.

New receiver. I can work it from the Bremerton airport. Im freakin tired.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/KO+Pe ... 6201?hl=en

Actually here.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/KO+Pe ... 6201?hl=en

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:50 pm 

chpalmer wrote:

Roger that. I must not have been in range. I kept hearing some hams operating a SOTA station. They were scratchy at times so I couldn't tell which peak they were at...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:29 pm 

nickcarr wrote:
chpalmer wrote:

Roger that. I must not have been in range. I kept hearing some hams operating a SOTA station. They were scratchy at times so I couldn't tell which peak they were at...

Ive got some tower video Im going to upload later.. Was wet but fun.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:13 pm 

Quick screen cap from the gopro

Attachment:
threesm.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:50 am 

Went up over the past few weekends to replace heliax and link package..

Coverage from Gold Mt is back up to standard.

441.200 +5 123hz PL.

Little noise on the link from a Canadian DMR station that we will deal with in the coming couple of weeks weather depending..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:11 am 
Scanner Gigolo

I thought gold was one of the sites that was being impacted by the change in DNR policy. The rule for decades was that only two amateur radio repeaters per site and any public safety that needed the space could knock the amateur repeater out. Apparently now they’re enforcing that and it might include gold, rattlesnake and Blyn among others…

Post subject: Re: Gold Mt.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:01 pm 
Scanner Gigolo

Rumor has it that Blyn, gold and rattlesnake are potentially on the chopping block with DNR. They had a decades old unused rule that there could only be two amateur radio repeaters per peak and if a public safety entity needs the space the two amateur repeaters leave the mountain…

Post subject: Re: Gold Mt.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:29 pm 

Mark wrote:
They had a decades old unused rule that there could only be two amateur radio repeaters per peak and if a public safety entity needs the space the two amateur repeaters leave the mountain…

The building on Gold is fairly empty these days. Plus a good lease in place. DNR now has two buildings on Gold and Crown Castle has three.. I would not doubt their buildings are all just as empty. Maynard hill commercial sites are fairly empty as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:20 am 

With all of the commercial users going to services like TRBOWest and cellular, there is less demand for space at the sites. DNR has been trying to offload sites that do not make money. The days of high mountain sites are coming to an end.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:55 pm 

Sean wrote:
With all of the commercial users going to services like TRBOWest and cellular, there is less demand for space at the sites. DNR has been trying to offload sites that do not make money. The days of high mountain sites are coming to an end.

And companies running services like Trbowest that pay rent to 70+ radio sites now putting anybody and everybody on their crap whether it is a good choice financially or usable for that user or not..

But I digress.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:45 pm 

https://youtu.be/ODFx2xpZKjQ

Little bit of a view of the Gold mt operation..