InterceptRadio.com Forums

The radio website that doesn’t believe its ok to burn the American flag.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forums       Map Search       Database Search       Live Audio       Alerts       Wiki

Post subject: Mission BC Fire Dept?
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:01 am 

Can someone in the Great White North fill me in on Mission BC fire? For a while now, I've been hearing (annoyingly) the daily tone tests at 1830, as well as real dispatches, on ~415.575 MHz, what would normally be a forest service frequency here in the States.

Is this a link or their primary frequency? And why are they transmitting a UHF signal that's full quieting 90 nm south of the border?

Thanks,
Flash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:31 pm 

I looked at our Industry Canada (our FCC) web site and did not find a listing for 415.575 . The closest thing I found was an input to an LTR system on 415.5625 and an input to the Nanaimo transit system on 415.5875 . Mission fire dept is on a rpt output of 173.655 with an input of 168.645 . Any chance you have a cross band uhf rpt output that has something close to the either of the above vhf freqs for an input . It looks like 168.55 is linked to 415.575 for the USFS .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:11 pm 

I remember hearing last year... USFS was having interference from Mission FD on 168.6500 (I believe they refered to this channel as National Flight Following) They were both trying to determine who the other was on their frequency. Both work without tones, and maybe in certain conditions the signal is so strong as to bring up one of the UHF links within the USFS system

Post subject: solved!
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:49 am 

That's exactly what it is, 168.65 simplex IS the National Flight Following channel; usually I hear Wenatchee (KOC284) on the UHF link. Unfortunately, Flight Following is defined as carrier squelch, so it looks difficult to fix the problem. Whoever did the frequency coordination missed this...

Thanks much!

Flash