InterceptRadio.com Forums

The radio website that respects the Civil Air Patrol and their copyrights.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forums       Map Search       Database Search       Live Audio       Alerts       Wiki

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:20 am 

Wilrobnson wrote:
Anyone recognize this? If it's not encryption, WTH is it?
(461.550/97.4)

Rolling inversion? Tones sent to change the inversion frequency...Would be my guess....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:48 am 

Rich wrote:
Sounds like inversion with unmuted audio keying tones in between.

Im of the belief it may be a remote receiver link with a tight squelch.

Open control tones to control the other end of the link.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:30 pm 
Bringer of Light

I like cheese.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:48 am 

jrw14493 wrote:
I like cheese.

Lies.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:16 pm 
Mr. Bad Example

Isn't this woman on our board???

https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/filing/10912025720068

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:06 pm 

Pulling out my tinfoil now..

My great uncle whom hid far as he could from most RF including any microwave oven his entire life (lived outside of Tonasket) died of bone cancer.

Bee's are dying from insecticides which hang around way too long. They have already proven that.

Radio people seem to live well into their 90's still doing radio either as work or hobby. To really answer your question.. I have no idea.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:17 pm 
Bringer of Light

Jesus...I stopped reading 1/4 way through it.

I'm dealing with the sheriff of a county that believes that we will face a solar flare or EMP attack that will destroy all computers and wireless communications. He wants to turn the office into a faraday cage, purchase old cars that don't have computers and be the leading agency on proofing their operations from such event.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:39 am 

jrw14493 wrote:
Jesus...I stopped reading 1/4 way through it.

I'm dealing with the sheriff of a county that believes that we will face a solar flare or EMP attack that will destroy all computers and wireless communications. He wants to turn the office into a faraday cage, purchase old cars that don't have computers and be the leading agency on proofing their operations from such event.

If he's wrong, it's a little wasted time.... (old vehicles are cheap)......If he's right....... welll......

The bigger issue isn't the equipment, but how he's gonna get fuel, considering gas lasts about 6 months, and a nationwide EMP event will take the country back to the stone age for a couple years at least... Diesel is the only real way to go... lasts forever.... But how much do you need on hand for an entire YEAR of operations, and what is it gonna be used for? Generators? Vehicles? etc. Why would you need generators for electricity when you have no food to put in the refrigerators? Lights can be candles...wood burning stoves for heat.. etc.... IMO, all you'd need would be a couple diesel trucks, a couple thousand gallons of diesel, and 'old school' tech, as mentioned, like wood burning stoves. At that point, it's not about radios and gizmos and gadgets, it's about necessities.. Food, shelter, water...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:43 am 

Wilrobnson wrote:
Isn't this woman on our board???

https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/filing/10912025720068

She left her # in the comments, maybe you should call her and find out?

Hahaahahaha.....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:54 am 
Mr. Bad Example

jrw14493 wrote:
be the leading agency on proofing their operations from such event.

He's running about 10 years behind. Most fed agencies have task forces devoted to that, and take it very seriously.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:57 am 
Mr. Bad Example

TechnoWeenie wrote:
The bigger issue isn't the equipment, but how he's gonna get fuel, considering gas lasts about 6 months, and a nationwide EMP event will take the country back to the stone age for a couple years at least..

Lies. I just used gas I dated as going into the can in early April 2014.

Learn what Stabil is, and bookmark pure-gas.org.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:16 am 

Wilrobnson wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
The bigger issue isn't the equipment, but how he's gonna get fuel, considering gas lasts about 6 months, and a nationwide EMP event will take the country back to the stone age for a couple years at least..

Lies. I just used gas I dated as going into the can in early April 2014.

Learn what Stabil is, and bookmark pure-gas.org.

Ethanol is everywhere. :-p

We're talking about modern computer controlled shit that doesn't work if an ant farts near it..... If it's older carb'd stuff, then yeah, older gas probably won't matter as much....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:37 pm 
Mr. Bad Example

Any respect (little) I've ever had for millennials is gone.

http://theadultingschool.com/

(or for humanity)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:56 pm 

Wilrobnson wrote:
Any respect (little) I've ever had for millennials is gone.

http://theadultingschool.com/

(or for humanity)

Ha! I was talking to coworkers about this and we have come to conclusion its a certain group of Gen X parents that didn't teach their kids some of the fundimentals...I'm finding this recently with helping people with car repair...apparently some of them don't know that other people than the car dealership can fix cars and isn't the best place despite what the sales goon told them...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:36 pm 
Mr. Bad Example

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467603300

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next