InterceptRadio.com Forums

The radio website that doesn’t support communism.
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Forums       Map Search       Database Search       Live Audio       Alerts       Wiki




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: BNSF Railroad Police
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:00 am
Posts: 7
Location: Seattle
Does anybody have the frequencies for BNSF railroad police in Western Washington?

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: BNSF Police
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:04 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Bottom of the Falls
try this 161.205 BNSF Police "Special Agents" (Seattle agents also 160.26)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:28 pm
Posts: 1775
There is a nationwide railroad police freq of 161.205 for interop between different railroads but I haven't heard much on it. Mainly in the yards and trackside the yardmaster will call up a special agent on the road channel or by phone. (The Railroad PBX or cell) In the larger cities they have a talk group on the local 800mhz system as well as LERN in this state. Cell phone is probably used more than anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Answer to my own quetion
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:00 am
Posts: 7
Location: Seattle
I did some research and found out that BNSF police are dispatched by the Port of Seattle on their trunked system. I don't know unit numbers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BNSF Railroad Police
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 774
Location: Portland, OR
Down here in Portland, they go by Nextel, BUT they have a VHF radio on them.

_________________
Mt Wave SAR member
Support Search & Rescue: Get Lost!
http://www.mwave.org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:58 pm
Posts: 3354
Location: Not in Alaska
joe8617 wrote:
I did some research and found out that BNSF police are dispatched by the Port of Seattle on their trunked system. I don't know unit numbers.

There's a BNSF talkgroup on the Port system--400. I don't know what it's used for, though I guess BNSF PD sounds right.

12/2/08 19:36:06 He and Steve were heading to Cascade tunnel. Other guy was working different shift, checking out inbound UPS loads, all 3 of them were doing that. The three would be him, the first guy (with Steve) and Dustin.

12/3/08 19:36:55 "__ are you on our frequency?" "Yeah, what up?" "__ depending how many are there when we get there I might just contact one of the port officers, they backed me up last there, just have them meet me in the area, you never know." "__when you get a chance dig up some more cable shields because I'm sure I don't have 10 or 15 of them in my bag so you may want to pick up another box of them, if this is going to be the ritual this year." "Do you want me to come back and give you some out of the back of my vehicle?" "No, I've got some, I should have a few of them, but, uh, no we're fine." "OK I've got a whole bunch of them, I believe." "Matthew or you or somebody last night had what, 50 trucks come through, so just anticipate going through 30 or 40 of them a day." "Yup".
19:53:51 "The gates are closed, ___" "You know it depends if they got a train blocking there, we can still hit the crossing and possibly ____, but I think they have the barricades there now."
20:04:36 "Sam9 to William2 they're cleaning up the problem area underneath the viaduct right across from the coast guard station."
21:13:35 "Hey Matt" "Hey you trying to get a hold of me?" "Yeah, where you at?" "I'm at 4th & Lander now, they wanted to discuss something a minute ago" "Copy, see you in a minute."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 774
Location: Portland, OR
Atomic Taco wrote:
joe8617 wrote:
I did some research and found out that BNSF police are dispatched by the Port of Seattle on their trunked system. I don't know unit numbers.

There's a BNSF talkgroup on the Port system--400. I don't know what it's used for, though I guess BNSF PD sounds right.

12/2/08 19:36:06 He and Steve were heading to Cascade tunnel. Other guy was working different shift, checking out inbound UPS loads, all 3 of them were doing that. The three would be him, the first guy (with Steve) and Dustin.

12/3/08 19:36:55 "__ are you on our frequency?" "Yeah, what up?" "__ depending how many are there when we get there I might just contact one of the port officers, they backed me up last there, just have them meet me in the area, you never know." "__when you get a chance dig up some more cable shields because I'm sure I don't have 10 or 15 of them in my bag so you may want to pick up another box of them, if this is going to be the ritual this year." "Do you want me to come back and give you some out of the back of my vehicle?" "No, I've got some, I should have a few of them, but, uh, no we're fine." "OK I've got a whole bunch of them, I believe." "Matthew or you or somebody last night had what, 50 trucks come through, so just anticipate going through 30 or 40 of them a day." "Yup".
19:53:51 "The gates are closed, ___" "You know it depends if they got a train blocking there, we can still hit the crossing and possibly ____, but I think they have the barricades there now."
20:04:36 "Sam9 to William2 they're cleaning up the problem area underneath the viaduct right across from the coast guard station."
21:13:35 "Hey Matt" "Hey you trying to get a hold of me?" "Yeah, where you at?" "I'm at 4th & Lander now, they wanted to discuss something a minute ago" "Copy, see you in a minute."


I know when I went to take a look at the giant Flour Mill by the Puralatos Bakery at the Port of Seattle, BNSF Police SUVs were whizzing by every 15 minutes.

_________________
Mt Wave SAR member
Support Search & Rescue: Get Lost!
http://www.mwave.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BNSF Railroad Police
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 71
Location: 98101
That port channel is for the the bulls when their working with the port. Like an inter-op frequency. Special agents use NXDN. They have kenwood radios and you can't listen to them. :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BNSF Railroad Police
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:41 am
Posts: 117
Location: Salem, OR
Tree wrote:
That port channel is for the the bulls when their working with the port. Like an inter-op frequency. Special agents use NXDN. They have kenwood radios and you can't listen to them. :cry:


Why not? If you get a NXDN radio you can monitor them as long as they have not enabled the encryption.


Jim


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BNSF Railroad Police
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:15 pm
Posts: 1572
Location: Destination Unknown
n7maq wrote:
Tree wrote:
That port channel is for the the bulls when their working with the port. Like an inter-op frequency. Special agents use NXDN. They have kenwood radios and you can't listen to them. :cry:


Why not? If you get a NXDN radio you can monitor them as long as they have not enabled the encryption.


Jim


Anyone know if they are running encryption?
Hate to pop for an NXDN to find out.
(although I may anyway...)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by electricity. Copyright © 2013 Interceptradio.com