InterceptRadio.com Forums

The radio website that doesn’t infect your computer with malware.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forums       Map Search       Database Search       Live Audio       Alerts       Wiki

Post subject: Input on Whistler TRX-2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:04 pm 

Anyone have first-hand experience with the Whistler TRX-2? I'm looking at upgrading from my BC796D, and the Whistler seems to have a lot of good features and positive comments about its sensitivity and digital voice decoding quality. Some of the features that makes it really attractive are the remote head mounting capability, which is extremely rare on a scanner these days, and being able to record received audio directly to a micro SD card that also holds the entire RR database.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:22 pm 

TRX-2 uses SD card -- not micro -- unless you use an adapter, etc.

I was seeing way too many "WAITING FOR MAIN" errors and having to "prepare" my SD card time after time. Uniden announced DMR support for the 996P2 so I ended up returning my unit.

Also, FYI, the TRX-2 is quite a bit more compact than the 996P2. It looks big in pictures, etc... but it was very small relative to the 996P2.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:05 pm 

Was that with the provided SD card or your own? A lot of the comments I've read recommend buying a 32 gb SD card, formatting it for fat32, and copying the info to the larger card or downloading everything directly from Whistler and the RR site to use the new card in place of the original.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:15 pm 

nickcarr wrote:
TRX-2 uses SD card -- not micro -- unless you use an adapter, etc.

I was seeing way too many "WAITING FOR MAIN" errors and having to "prepare" my SD card time after time. Uniden announced DMR support for the 996P2 so I ended up returning my unit.

Also, FYI, the TRX-2 is quite a bit more compact than the 996P2. It looks big in pictures, etc... but it was very small relative to the 996P2.

That's what she said.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:41 am 

kb7ado wrote:
Was that with the provided SD card or your own? A lot of the comments I've read recommend buying a 32 gb SD card, formatting it for fat32, and copying the info to the larger card or downloading everything directly from Whistler and the RR site to use the new card in place of the original.

I only bothered with the provided Sandisk 4GB card. The card wasn't the issue. I don't use RR for information so I can't speak to that.